Friday, November 26, 2010

Getting back at yo parents


Do you ever listen to some of the music your parents listened to at your age and think, man I wish I could have been there to discover music like that, I mean, just imagine going to a Supertramp concert or seeing a band like (insert name of band your parents listened to that you've grown to love) live! I don't know what it is that makes me feel that way, I guess it must be the fact that music seemed to have more meaning back then, Chicago by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.. that song is so deep! I know this might sound quite cheesy but it's just hard not to despair when all you hear on the radio is "Poppin bottles in the ice, like a blizzard When we drink we do it right gettin slizzard Sippin sizzurp in my ride."

So when I listened to the Black Keys album, Brothers, I was so relieved, finally some music that I'll be able to gloat about to MY children when the time comes! (we've all heard the phrase which defines an old person: 'Back in my day...') This isn't an extremely recent album, I think it came out about 5 months ago but there isn't a track on it which I don't like, so I strongly recommend you have a listen.

As I wrote this I thought, hey, imagine if they did a European tour, that would be an even better story to tell the kids! so I checked, and it turns out they did a European tour earlier this month, a week before I'd heard their album... ARGH! Hopefully they'll do another one within the next couple of years as this is, after all, 'timeless rock'.

No comments:

Post a Comment