Sunday, January 23, 2011

flight facilities x moop jaw



I've been away for a long time, celebrating christmas/new years and revising for exams, so I didn't really have time to post anything in the past month. unfortunately, this means I now have heaps of stuff I want to get through quite quickly, but it's all good, the internet media sources have been kind for the past couple of months so there's a lot of great content which should wash up on this page relatively soon.


To start, I have the most recent Flight Facilities video for their debut single 'Crave you'.
Flight Facilities is a duo composed of 'James and Hugo' from Sydney, they've kept their identity quite quiet because they reckon that no-one would take them seriously if they actually knew who they were. I'm pretty sure there isn't anyone who couldn't take them seriously if they keep churning out singles like this one.
This is by no means a revolutionary single but it's been executed so perfectly, the smooth vocals are complemented with suitably vibrant synths, pushed forwards by electronic toms and finger snaps and the whole thing is beautifully garnished with a sax solo at the end, which is always a bonus. Anyway I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, the video was created by some more Australians (can they do anything wrong these days?). They go by the pseudonym Moop Jaw, and they're responsible for a whole heap of hipster-yet-nice videos, including two Miami Horror videos which I particularly like. 


Here's an introduction to some of their work, enjoy!:

No comments:

Post a Comment